[asterisk-users] Problem picking up a call with PickUpChan or PickUp [SOLVED]

Stefan Guenther asterisk01 at in-put.de
Mon Feb 4 02:18:12 CST 2008

Paul Madley wrote

 >Unfortunately (as far as I'm aware) this is a bug in the 1.4.17
 >release, and therefore I don't think any config changes will fix it.
 >We've been told to roll back to our previous 1.4.13 installation.  It
 >also seems to manifest itself in "ghost ringing" as I've called it;
 >place a call to a SIP extension, then put down the handset, yet the
 >destination handset continues to ring out.

;-)) I now have a working configuration of an Asterisk
1.4.17-BRIstuffed-0.4.0-test6 that can use both Pickup() and PickupChan().

My problem was solved after I upgraded the firmware of my SNOM phone to
version 6.5.17. Picking up a call with a SNOM is only available with
firmware versions 6.5.12 or higher.

So, if anyone has a problem with picking up calls in version 1.4.17 I
could email/post my configuration, which at least works for SNOM phones.

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther
Geschaeftsfuehrer