[asterisk-users] Digium stopped TDM400P production: alternatives??

Darrick Hartman (lists) dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Fri Feb 15 22:48:16 CST 2008

I told myself that I was going to stay out of this one, but since you
find this important enough to reply twice to the mailing list with the
same content, it must be worth my time to reply.

If you carefully read the thread, the person who replied from Rhino went
out of his way to NOT try to sell his hardware, until someone claimed
that Sangoma is the best.

I do not have first hand experience with Sangoma hardware.  I am however
one of the Astlinux developers.  In that capacity, I can easily say that
compiling the necessary modules for the Rhino cards is much easier than
what is required to get the Sangoma stuff working.  I have no doubt that
in both cases the hardware is good.  (I personally have not experienced
significant trouble with Digium analog cards either, but they do take
more time to adjust properly).  Both hardware companies did work with us
to ensure their cards will work properly with Astlinux.

With the Rhino hardware, there is no need to compile extra utilities,
only a zaptel module.  The Sangoma setup is more complex.

One plus in my mind is the Rhino card is made in the USA.

I've also found the Rhino tech support to be excellent.

Bottom line, use what works for you.  I've used several Digium TDM400P
cards and several Rhino analog cards.  Both work well, but like I said
earlier, the Rhino cards (with built in echo cancellation) were much
easier to configure and get working out of the box.

Darrick

--
Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC