[asterisk-users] UK -999 dialing issue

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Feb 14 16:22:01 CST 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 22:32 +0100, Benny Amorsen wrote:
> Perhaps it would be possible to allow exten => /00.*/,Dial... It might
> cause problems with the ex-GF syntax. Another starting character could
> mean RFC3435 pattern matching.

I've been suggesting that for about four years now (long before I ever
started working for Digium), but the core Asterisk developers tell me it
will have a very negative impact on Asterisk performance.  I'd obviously
like to see it use a different character to inform the dialplan parser
that we're using a different pattern matching system, so that we can
limit the performance impact to just those extensions that require it.

But, for now, I've lived to learn to get along with the things that the
dialplan provides.  Don't forget that we have two different regex
operators what we can use inside of an Asterisk dialplan expression. :-)

exten => _X.,1,GotoIf($[${EXTEN} : /#+[2-7][0-9]{3}/]?happy)

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager