[asterisk-users] UK -999 dialing issue

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Feb 14 08:00:06 CST 2008

On Thursday 14 February 2008 03:39:33 Phil Knighton wrote:
> OK, the majority of our calls go out via zaptel fxo and pstn lines.
> When these are all busy, calls are routed via a VOIP provider here in
> the UK.  All activity is recorded in our logs, and I can find no trace
> of either 999 or 112 (if since been reminded that in the UK, you can now
> also use 112 which is consistent with continental Europe).
>
> I can't find a call placed at the relevant time that had these numbers,
> even as mid-part of a string.

I had a recent run-in with the provider who provides my toll-free numbers, as
they had gotten a subpoena for the identity of the customer who ran some
toll-frees that were being used for fraudulent purposes.  It turns out that
they had two number transposed prior to getting the subpoena, so not only
did they have the wrong customer, they subpoenaed the wrong provider.

Consider that if the police will not provide you records of the call, they may
have already discovered that they queried the wrong provider.

--
Tilghman