[asterisk-users] UK issue - Asterisk dialling 999... sort of

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Feb 13 09:34:44 CST 2008

On Wednesday 13 February 2008 08:12:25 Phil Knighton wrote:
> Thing is, I have checked both our master log, and our dialled calls log
> - and nobody dialled 999!  Each phone has an account code applied from
> sip.conf, and we log all numbers dialled.  Nobody dialled out.

Have you checked all numbers that might have a PREFIX of 999?  Here in the
States, occasionally a prankster will tell someone annoying her to call her on
her cell phone at 911-5924 or something like that, and of course, the system
only sees the "911" portion, not the additional 4 digits, which connects them
to the emergency number on this side of the Pond.

--
Tilghman