[asterisk-users] How to detect if SIP extension BUSY?

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Wed Feb 13 06:55:11 CST 2008

13 feb 2008 kl. 13.14 skrev Gergo Csibra:

> Saturday, February 9, 2008, 10:29:08 AM, Csibra wrote:
>
>> My problem is in subject. As I read in documentations and
>> voip-info.org I can't user ChanIsAvalil because it not detects BUSY
>> information on SIP channel. I've tried to use SIPPEER function, but
>> it
>> gives "OK (9 ms)" back on BUSY SIP channel. I use Asterisk 1.2.15,
>> SIP
>> extensions are Linksys PAP2. Have any other idea?
>
> Well?
> Is it impossible to detect BUSY on SIP channels?
Place a call to it and if the phone reports BUSY, asterisk will return
BUSY.

Another way is to use the GROUPCOUNT set of functions, to keep a state
in Asterisk or to use the embedded call counter in the SIP channel
driver, that is reported in the SIPPEER function.

As often is the case, there are many ways to solve an issue in Asterisk.

/Olle

---
* Olle E. Johansson - oej at edvina.net
* Asterisk Training http://edvina.net/training/