[asterisk-users] Snom 300 Echo

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Tue Feb 12 15:10:47 CST 2008

I thought I had the echo out of the system, but it keeps coming back...
What I'm being told is that when the users call out from their snom
phones they hear their own voice.  There's no delay, but it's extremely
loud.  If I cut their mic volume down to the point where the sidetone is
not a problem the person on the other end can't hear them, or tells them
they sound like they are "down in a well".  They say the problem is not
there on incoming calls.  I spent half a day navigating the maze of
Verizon phone numbers and finally got to someone who gave me the Type
102 test line numbers and I calibrated the gains as close to 14844 as
possible and it still does not seem to have any effect on the echo.  Is
there a setting in the Snom phone that I am missing?  These phones are
running Firmware version 7.1.30, and I've been through them forward and
backwards and can't seem to find anything to adjust the echo
suppression.  The thing that makes this even worse is that I have tried
many many tests of my own and can't seem to replicate the echo
conditions.  They always seem to show up when I am at a different
office.  My test Snom 300 phone that I keep here at my desk and connect
to each of the branch office servers as needed never seems to have the
echo/sidetone problem.  I need some help figuring this out.

Thanks,
Brent Davidson