[asterisk-users] Nortel 1140E

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Tue Feb 12 15:07:09 CST 2008

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:18:17 -0500, John Bittner wrote:

>Anyone get the Nortel 1140E phones working with Asterisk ?
>These look like great phones and I would like to start using them on
>our deployments. I know these will work with Asterisk but the sample
>config files are hard to find. My next step, if I cant find anything on
>this list is to purchase a Nortel Communication Server for testing.
>If anyone has a used NCS that works with these phone via SIP please
>email me off list.

I don't know how they would work with Asterisk, but I have used these
phones.  A large comapny that I work with in Philadelphia put in an all
Nortel system last April.

The phones are nice to use, but I find the software a little strange.
Commonly used functions are a little difficult to get to. Too many
keypresses. At least compared to my reference Polycom phones.

There is chan_unistim for Asterisk so even the Nortel protocol firmware
should be workable...as opposed to going SIP. Not that there's any
reason to not use SIP. I am curious about unistim.

Michael
--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com