[asterisk-users] Grandstream GXP2000 Loses Connectivity

Peder @ NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Mon Feb 11 19:07:59 CST 2008

I did post most of that.  Point to point T1, no firewalls and no nat,
cisco routers, bandwidth is monitored at 30 second intervals and never
exceeds 50%, almost always 25% or less.  The key is that I get messages
from * like "failed to register" and it is from the IP of the phone, so
it is like the phone is sending some messed up message.  Asterisk is
old, 1.0.3, but it has been stable for 2-3 years with zero issues.
While it could be a asterisk version issue, I have 100-150 phones on it,
mostly Cisco 7940/7960 and none of them have these issues.  The only
phones with issues appear to be Grandstream and they are all running
1.1.5.15.  Here is a sample sip config:

[7834-1]
context=HASKI-LD
type=friend
callerid="HASKI" <7834>
username=7834-1
secret=47834-1
host=dynamic
mailbox=7834 at HASKI-VM
canreinvite=no
qualify=yes

Here is one of the log messages:

Feb 11 18:18:05 NOTICE[20905]: Registration from
'<sip:7834-1 at 192.168.1.10>' failed for '192.168.2.165'

That message is from a phone that is set to register every 5 minutes.
It's been 50 minutes and it still hasn't re-registered.  If I reboot the
phone, it will register right away...

Any ideas?

Peder