[asterisk-users] Grandstream GXP2000 Loses Connectivity

Peder @ NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Mon Feb 11 15:52:33 CST 2008

I have 20-30 GXP2000's connected to * over a T1 line.  Neither end is
NAT'd and there is plenty of bandwidth available over the line.  The
GXP's are 1.1.5.15, which is the latest.  I have a problem where the
phones keep dropping off of * and I get a "failed to register" message
in the log of *.  Sometimes they eventually connect and sometimes, I
have to reboot them to get them to reconnect (I never change the config
though).  Has anybody seen this?  I've tried lowering the Register
Expiration and that seems to make it worse.  If I lower it to 1 minute
or 5 minutes, I lose them every 10-15 minutes.  If I put it at 10
minutes, it loses connectivity once or twice a day.  I tried Grandstream
support and their answer was completely useless.  Has anybody seen this?
  Or does anybody have any ideas?  Again, no NAT involved, so don't say
STUN or NAT issue.

Peder