[asterisk-users] Single * multiple offices

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 06:26:24 CST 2008

Nhadie wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thank you for reply, please correct me if i did not understand it correctly.
>
> i need create sip_customerA.conf sip_customerB.conf sip_customerB.conf
>
> under sip_customerA.conf

You only need one sip.conf file and one extensions.conf, you just may
find it simpler to have 2.

> i will have [company-A-100] up to [company-A-110] with
> context=company-A-context

Yeah, if the handsets are sip handsets, then you just need a
context=line in each to segregate them in the dialplan.

You may be able to have the sip clients with the same name and have
asterisk match by host, but I don't know if this still works. (Haven't
tried it for a very long time).

> under sip_customerB.conf
>
> i will have [company-B-100] up to [company-B-105] with
> context=company-B-context
>
> under sip_customerC.conf
>
> i will have [company-C-100] up to [company-C-110] with
> context=company-C-context
>

> and then i also need to create extensions_customerA.conf,
> extensions_customerB.conf and extensions_customerC.conf

They can all be in the same file, as I said before, using multiple
though may make administration a bit simpler.

In your example you'd need an extensions.conf with containing nothing
more than.

#include /etc/asterisk/extensions_customerA.conf
#include /etc/asterisk/extensions_customerB.conf
#include /etc/asterisk/extensions_customerC.conf

> which will then contain dial plans for each offices and all the contexts
> company-A-context, company-B-context and company-C-context.
>
> what do i need to do in the dial plan so that when an extension in
> customer A dial 101, it will only ring on extension 101 under customer A
> and not 101 in B and C.

Set the context in sip.conf for the handset in company A to point to a
context that can dial the phones in company A.

Eg:

sip.conf:

[general]
bindport = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

[CustomerA-100]
type=friend
secret=password
context=outgoingcompanya
accountcode=companya		;useful for billing using cdr
.. (then codec stuff and voicemail settings)

[CustomerA-101]
type=friend
secret=password
context=outgoingcompanya
accountcode=companya		;useful for billing using cdr
.. (then codec stuff and voicemail settings)

[CustomerB-100]
type=friend
secret=password
context=outgoingcompanyb
accountcode=companya		;useful for billing using cdr
.. (then codec stuff and voicemail settings)

[CustomerB-101]
type=friend
secret=password
context=outgoingcompanyb
accountcode=companya		;useful for billing using cdr
.. (then codec stuff and voicemail settings)

etc ...

extensions.conf:

[outgoingcompanya]
exten => _10.,1,Dial(SIP/CustomerA-${EXTEN})

[outgoingcompanyb]
exten => _10.,1,Dial(SIP/CustomerB-${EXTEN})

> thanks again in advanced

Obviously this is all oversimplified, but you get the gist.

Try reading about sip.conf and extensions.conf won www.voip-info.org and
reading the sample configuration files that come with asterisk.