[asterisk-users] IAX2 trunks unreliable becoming UNREACHABLE after a time

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Feb 10 15:24:57 CST 2008

Royce Souther wrote:

> Do I dare ask if anyone has a reliable IAX2 trunk? If so how? Should I
> avoid using IAX2 all together? I know SIP trunking is an option but it
> becomes a real management problem with trying to deal with all the
> many ports that need to be open through the firewalls, IAX2 seems like
> a better way to go if only it was reliable.

Until recently, we were running 1.2.24 between 2 remote facilities and 1
home office (Mine) with iax2 trunking.  I've never had a trunk fail on
me.  We're running it over openvpn.  I've since gone to 1.4.15 and have
had no problems with it dropping either.  We aren't running huge amounts
of traffic over it.  Maybe 35 to 40 calls per day from each facility.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: