[asterisk-users] Cisco phone 79xx get database information

Javier Temponi jat7 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 9 11:09:45 CST 2008

Hi, may be this question is a bit silly, but I couldn¹t find any document or
post or anything that say that if this is possible or not.
I want to show information on my phones cisco 7960/40 when a call arrive.
May be a bit more than a caller ID, show more detail level, if is that
possible.
I already have an asterisk and the phones registered there, and I need to
show on the phone display, when the call is ringing, the customer
information..

Something like this:
source number: xxxxxx
Customer Number: xxxxx
Name of Customer: xxxxx

I have that information on an external database, and I know for the source
number witch customer is calling.

The thing is how can I show on my cisco phone the information that I have on
my database when i receive a call?
Do I have to configure the directory services on the phones to look for the
information on the database?
Can I show those lines on the phone? or I have a limit of lines or info to
show?

Any help would be really appreciated
Thanks in advance!!
cheers