[asterisk-users] Snom 300 MWI

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Thu Feb 7 13:37:07 CST 2008

I think I have my echo problem solved, now i need to tackle the MWI.  I
can't seem to get it to light up.  I'm using Asterisk 1.4.14.  Here's a
section from my sip.conf for my test phone:

[general]
context=internal
allowguest=no
allowoverlap=no
allowtransfer=yes
notifyhold=yes
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes
pedantic=yes
vmexten=9998 at internal
;vmexten=*97
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=ilbc
mohinterpret=default
mohsuggest=default
language=en
useragent=TCTC PBX
;dtmfmode = info
fromdomain=10.10.60.253
;relaxdtmf=yes

[15]
username=15
host=dynamic
type=friend
context=internal
secret=edited-out
subscribecontext=internal
dtmfmode=rfc2833
;defaultip=10.10.60.246
mailbox=15
;subscribemwi=yes
notifymimetype=text/plain
checkmwi=10
vmexten=9998 at internal
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

All of my sip phones exist in the "internal" context and I have the
appropriate extensions (I think) set up.  In my voicemail.conf I have an
[internal] section with the mailbox 15 defined with password 1234.  I
can make and receive calls from the phone, but the SIP phone does not
light up.  The phone is running firmware version 7.1.30,  Not sure what
goes in the "mailbox" line of the sip identity on the phone.  With "sip
set debug peer 15" on the Asterisk CLI I don't see any "Notify" messages
go by.  I've been searching google for about 2 days on this and haven't
come up with anything useful yet.  Everything I see indicates it should
"just work".

Thanks,
Brent Davidson