[asterisk-users] wireless VOIP phone recommendations?

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Thu Feb 7 06:34:28 CST 2008

> - No shared adress book (especially it should be shared between phone on
> different base stations). I can access an online adress book, but only
> the built in, and you cannot set up your own online book.

You can send address books to the phone in standard vcard format (though for some reason it insists on getting them in PC line break format rather than unix format). For client deployments with a significant number of Gigasets we tell them to update the phonebook on a web interface, then hit "publish" which pushes it out to each handset using a simple curl call.

> - Does not listen to SIP Message "Call completed elsewhere". If you let
> several phones ring for an incoming call, and it get answered at one
> phone, all the others will have a missed call in there list, this isn't
> quite true. Over the day this list fills up and you don't know if there
> really is a missed call among them.

Does asterisk provide this SIP message? Looking around at the collection of Snom 370s and 320s here, all of them claim to have varying number of missed calls from when the call's been answered from another in the ring group. Or is there perhaps a config setting to enable this I've not spotted?

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it