[asterisk-users] wireless VOIP phone recommendations?

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Thu Feb 7 03:21:16 CST 2008

Chris Bagnall schrieb:
>> As someone else pointed out, the Siemens C450 IP (and higher models) work
>> great!
>
> I should point out that for the relatively small price difference, it's well worth getting the S450 rather than the C460.
We have a couple of S450 in production.

They basically work and are easy to set up.

I think the main draw backs are:
- Only 2 concurrent VOIP calls per base station
- No shared adress book (especially it should be shared between phone on
different base stations). I can access an online adress book, but only
the built in, and you cannot set up your own online book.
- No Mute function
- Does not listen to SIP Message "Call completed elsewhere". If you let
several phones ring for an incoming call, and it get answered at one
phone, all the others will have a missed call in there list, this isn't
quite true. Over the day this list fills up and you don't know if there
really is a missed call among them.

> I'd like to get my hands on a Snom M3 to test, but over here in the UK it's nearly 3x the price of the Siemens S450,so I fear customer uptake will be limited at best.

I think the M3 looks very promising. Three calls per base station is
definitly an improvement and sinve the Snom 360 listens to the SIP
message mentioned above i hope this one will too.

But from the data sheet i see, that the M3 also has no means to access a
central adress book. Sad.

Regards

--

   Tobias Wolf

   Leiter Softwareentwicklung / Kommunikationslösungen

   Evision GmbH

   Wittekindstr. 105

   44139 Dortmund

   Tel: +49 (0)231 - 47790 307

   Fax: +49 (0)231 - 47790 500

   http://www.evision.de

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments
contain confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution,
copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error
please immediately delete the E-mail and notify the sender at the
above E-mail address. Thank you.
Hövener & Trapp Evision GmbH, Dortmund - HRB Nr.12477, Registergericht
Dortmund - Geschäftsführer Christoph Begall