[asterisk-users] Higher level API on top of AMI and AGI (was Re: "Real" API for Perl?)

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Tue Feb 5 22:30:43 CST 2008

Moises Silva wrote:
>>> Asterisk 1.6 includes a new feature that allows using AMI as a transport
>>> for AGI commands, there abstraction becomes even more important.
>>> For Asterisk-Java I am currently adding support for that in a way that
>>> allows the developer to run the same "AGI" code either through FastAGI
>>> or AMI without knowing about the underlying details.
>> Where is more information on this new feature for Asterisk 1.6?  Any details?
>
> I wrote this blog entry when I was writing the AsyncAGI  feature:
> http://www.moythreads.com/wordpress/2007/12/24/asterisk-asynchronous-agi/
>
> This is the bug entry: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11282
>
> I changed my mind regarding the behavior of this feature after opening
> the bug entry, so the initial description of the bug can be confusing
> and totally different from the final implementation and behavior, so
> you will have to read all the comments in the bug entry to understand
> what is this about.
>
> Moisés Silva

Thanks.  That's pretty slick.  It could add some flexibility, but as you noted
on your blog, you could just as easily redirect to a FastAGI server, etc.

Being able to call AGI's on a channel through the AMI seems like it could have
some possibilities as well.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."