[asterisk-users] Higher level API on top of AMI and AGI (was Re: "Real" API for Perl?)

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 10:52:12 CST 2008

> > Asterisk 1.6 includes a new feature that allows using AMI as a transport
> > for AGI commands, there abstraction becomes even more important.
> > For Asterisk-Java I am currently adding support for that in a way that
> > allows the developer to run the same "AGI" code either through FastAGI
> > or AMI without knowing about the underlying details.
>
> Where is more information on this new feature for Asterisk 1.6?  Any details?

I wrote this blog entry when I was writing the AsyncAGI  feature:
http://www.moythreads.com/wordpress/2007/12/24/asterisk-asynchronous-agi/

This is the bug entry: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11282

I changed my mind regarding the behavior of this feature after opening
the bug entry, so the initial description of the bug can be confusing
and totally different from the final implementation and behavior, so
you will have to read all the comments in the bug entry to understand
what is this about.

Moisés Silva

--
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the
death your right to say it." Voltaire