[asterisk-users] Mistake in the wiki's description of cmd Pickup() ?

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Tue Feb 5 15:31:42 CST 2008

Hi Stefan,

Am Dienstag, den 05.02.2008, 10:30 +0100 schrieb Stefan Guenther:
> Hi,
>
> according to the description of Pickup() on page
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Pickup
>
> I can use this command to pickup a call at a certain extensions.
>
> When I try this with e.g.
>
> exten => *8200,1,Pickup(200)

I see, that You are using bristuffed *. As bristuff has its own pickup
mechanism, be careful using the right one.

AFAIK You have to use DPickup if You want to pickup a call by extension.
In the bristuffed version of * Pickup is used with a group and DPickup
is used with an extension (AFAIK).

HTH,

Karsten