[asterisk-users] External MWI question for Asterisk

Jason Crum jccrum at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:13:12 CST 2008

Gah. So currently in 1.4, there is no method of having Asterisk accept SIP
NOTIFY from another server, and pass it on to endpoints if it matches? I
can't imagine this being that complex, but then again I'm not familiar with
the Asterisk internals. It just seems Asterisk would compare the SIP NOTIFY
to what it has currently registered (sip show peers) and forward it on to
the endpoint. I'm pretty sure sipXecs can do this.

Anyway, thanks for the reply Olle. I think if I re-design my solution for
the phones to register with sipXecs and not Asterisk I might make some
headway, so that's my next move.