[asterisk-users] Multiple SIP phones behind a Linksys firewall

john at quonix.net john at quonix.net
Sat Feb 2 22:22:44 CST 2008

The server is at a remote datacenter - no nat, no firewall, pure public
IP.

The phones are at home offices (i.e. DSL or Cable with Linksys-type
firewall/routers).

My initial testing was with a single SIP phone at the home office - and
everything worked fine. But when I have two SIP phones at the home office,
things start behaving badly.

I understand the issue of phone-to-phone, where both phones are behind a
nat at the home office - but that is not the issue I am having.

My main problem is when I have two phones at the home office, the second
phone cant register, and/or, you cant here the voicemail greeting when you
try to check messages.