[asterisk-users] 1.6, CDR and h extension

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 00:56:15 CST 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> wrote:
> You are onto something, even if I don't actually use ForkCDR. With
> 1.6.1beta4 the behaviour is consistent at least, for a particular call
> scenario CDR(hangupcause) is either recorded correctly or not
> recorded. Still, some call scenarios work and some don't.
>
> In particular, some of the call scenarios create weird extra empty
> CDR's like:
>
> "","","s","from-ipvision","SIP/ipvision-0871eaa0","","","","2008-12-29
> 23:04:14","","2008-12-29 23:04:16","2","0","NO
> ANSWER","DOCUMENTATION","","lpbx02-1230588254.29","",""

Hi Benny,

There was some tweaking done to the CDRs in Asterisk recently by murf
that I believe did influence the behaviour of the hangup extension so
that may be the cause of your first issue. The CDR you have posted
above is not that abnormal, it looks like an outgoing call that did
not end up getting sent anywhere meaningful and therefore its end
destination was the s extension in your dialplan. Or it could be
something else entirely. There is a currently a year long conversation
going on about Asterisk CDRs to try and design out numerous glitches
you can search the list archives if interested.

Regards,

Greyman.