[asterisk-users] Join empty queue property

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Mon Dec 29 10:45:37 CST 2008

equis software wrote:
> I want the callers don't join in a queue when the agents are busy.
> I suposse it is easy but i can't get the solution for this.
> Can you suggest me something?
> Thanks.

Unless you are using the trunk version of Asterisk right now, this can't be done
very easily. In trunk, the "joinempty" setting for queues has been modified to
not only allow the current allowed values of no, yes, loose, and strict, but
also to allow a comma-separated list of conditions under which you consider a
queue member to be "unavailable."

There is a detailed explanation of all the allowed conditions in the
queues.conf.sample file in trunk's configs/ directory in the source. Since this
feature is already in trunk but not in any released version of Asterisk, it will
be present in Asterisk version 1.6.2.

Mark Michelson