[asterisk-users] Asterisk quits responding

Todd Reese treese65 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 18:20:19 CST 2008

Hi All,

Come today Dec 25, asterisk has stopped responding.  I have done the
usual, stop and restart Asterisk, reboot the machine, even upgraded
asterisk to 1.4.23-rc3.  All with the same results.

Here's my symptoms,

I have  2 voip phones, 2 supra ATA in the house which won't register
with Asterisk.
I have 2 sip providers that Asterisk won't register with.

Currently from the console, Asterisk just sits there saying that it is
unable to register with the remote sip providers.
Give Asterisk a reload after changing one provider over to another
server that I had in the config and issue a reload command, Asterisk
just sits there.

Type in the next command "show ...." and the display is frozen.

The current config is over 2 weeks old from last update.

Can someone give some ideas to look at to figure out what Asterisk is
doing in this state.

I have an idea that the local cable provider has monkeyed with their
router config and shut down all sip users.   They have done this before
in the past.

Thanks in advance,

Todd Reese