[asterisk-users] Pattern Matching

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Tue Dec 23 13:38:18 CST 2008

Philipp Kempgen wrote:
> Brent Davidson schrieb:
>
>> On my asterisk system, if an incoming call only has a number for the
>> caller ID and no name, the system is using the channel name as in the
>> Callerid Name field.  I would like to use some sort of pattern match
>> test to test for the presence of "Zap/" in the ${CALLERID(name)}
>> variable and if it is present, replace it with "Unknown".  I'm using the
>> ael format for my dialplan and have been looking for a way to do this,
>> but haven't found anything yet.  Is there a way to do this inside the
>> dialplan
>>

> if ("${CALLERID(name):0:4}" = "Zap/") {
> 	Set(CALLERID(name)=Unknown);
> }
>
> Not sure why you would want to put the channel name into the
> caller ID name in the first place.
>

>    Philipp Kempgen

Thanks all.  As far as why the channel name is in the caller ID, I don't
know.  I'm certainly not doing it intentionally.  I don't have any code
in the dialplan that even touches the CallerID, so I guess Asterisk is
doing somehow when the Name part of the CallerID is unknown...  Either
that or my Snom 300 phones are picking the wrong info to use for CallerID.