[asterisk-users] IMAP Voicemail and Directory not working?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Dec 23 10:13:35 CST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:13:12AM -0500, Noah Miller wrote:
> Hi Tzafrir -
>
> >> I'm wondering if anybody has IMAP Voicemail AND the directory working
> >> together.  I haven't had any success.  IMAP voicemail works fine, but
> >> when it's active, the Directory does not work.  The problem seems to
> >> be with libc-client.  Specifically, asterisk is not able to access the
> >> mm_dlog function.
> >>
> >> I've tried with Asterisk 1.4.22+ and 1.6.0+ using CentOS 5.2, Ubuntu
> >> 8.10 and Fedora 9.  In each case, I used the native package manager to
> >> install libc-client, and in each case, after asterisk is compiled and
> >> voicemail users are configured, I get an error in the log that says
> >> this:
> >
> > On Ubuntu and Debian (Lenny/Sid) -
> >
> >  apt-get source asterisk
> >  # as root / using sudo:
> >  apt-get build-dep asterisk
> >  cd asterisk-1<tab><tab>
> >  ASTERISK_NO_DOCS=yes fakeroot debian/rules build
> >
> > Does it build? If so, you have a similar version of Asterisk that builds
> > with IMAP support.
>
> I finally got this to work.  For some reason, none of the packaged
> versions of libc-client from any of the distributions I tried support
> mm_dlog, which is required by the Directory app.  I ended up compiling
> from uw-imap's source on Ubuntu, and that worked right away.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/asterisk
http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/amd64/asterisk/filelist

app_voicemail_imap.so is included .

I built several newer versions on my Lenny system and never encountered
such an issue.

Hmm.... but in my 1.6.0 copy app_voicemail_imap.so doesn't have mm_dlog
as well.

It came from http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.4@134223
("Merging the imap_consistency branch.")

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com