[asterisk-users] Manager API - standardization?

Wesley Haut wes at wesleyhaut.com
Tue Dec 23 07:40:58 CST 2008

> Isn't there one already?

Yeah, but none of them have worked for me...maybe their way of doing things
is just different from my approach but I wasn't happy with any of the
existing classes.  I wasn't planning on releasing my code to the wild (I'm
not a programmer by trade I just play one on TV).

> A *Complete even is sent as and end of a series of events. e.g. SIPPeers
> retuns a separate event for each peer and hence you need an event to
> tell you that the series is done. For Login, Ping and whatever you know
> you should not expect further events to follow after the initial reply.

Um, not exactly.  I just ran a SIPPeers on the CLI via telnet and each of
the PeerEntry events does not have a Complete flag, just the double return.
I guess what I was after was a standard way to finalize the larger event as
a whole, and keep the existing double line return for separating the
"individual" events.  Again, maybe I'm going about this the wrong way as
well.

> For a larger audince of such proposals, try the -dev list .
> Be sure to refer to the trunk version. Note, however, that any change to
> the manager interface may break existing programs.

Thanks, I'll wait until I've gotten further along on my project before
bothering the devs
<http://iax:guest@local.xorcom.com/tzafrir>