[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Dabatase

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Dec 21 12:44:48 CST 2008

On Sunday 21 December 2008 12:08:17 Mike wrote:
> Thanks, I appreciate getting the update on 1.6 with regards to the DB
> functions (and, for that matter, on the hints too).  Wouldn't using "MYSQL
> Disconnect" handle the ressources as well (if, of course, called when
> needed)?

The Disconnect command only frees the resources associated with the
connection.  The Clear command is needed to destroy resources associated with
any outstanding query.  Of course, if you get a hangup prior to completing
either of these cleanup commands (and you aren't explicitly handling those in
the "h" extension), you'll get a resource leak.  Func_odbc does not need any
explicit command to cleanup its resources; when the channel is destroyed, the
resource-cleanup routines are automatically called within the destruction
sequence.

> About 1.6, would you know if the SIPPEER func now support sip realtime?
> It's a shame Asterisk is (was?) developped with mismatches between .conf
> functionality and realtime ones.

1.6 works identically to 1.4, in this regard, although some improvements have
been made to the rtcachefriends setting, which now allows expired cached
realtime peers to exit memory gracefully.  This was broken at some point
(which may be the issue in your installed version), but the current release of
both 1.4 and 1.6.0 should now both support using SIPPEER, as long as the peer
is cached in memory.

--
Tilghman