[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Dabatase

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 06:33:45 CST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 11:57 AM, bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Where this link? Did not see or receive any?
>
> In case of using database, how can I determine that my configuration be taken from DB or from .conf files? Where this can be setted? And is it possible to take confiruation from both?
>
> If any recorded added for DB, then I need to do a reload to become effected?

Getting Asterisk up and running with a database configuration
(realtime) is not something that you will be able to do quickly or
easily. If you are new to Asterisk I'd highly recommend getting a grip
on running Asterisk with the configuration files before moving onto
realtime.

If you're not too interested in the inner workings and do just want to
get something up and running pronto take a look at the AsteriskNow or
TrixBox products. They tend to provide a higher level abstraction to
running Asterisk and have a web page based configuration approach.

Regards,

Greyman.