[asterisk-users] Increase DTMF Tone Duration

Wilton Helm whelm at compuserve.com
Fri Dec 19 11:13:46 CST 2008

>The problem is simply the duration is too short (120ms), and the remote IVR >seems to not detect them

That sounds like an IVR issue.  I've worked on some traditional PABXs and even designed some DTMF receivers.  Any decent DTMF receiver should be able to reliably decode 80 ms tones, and a really good one can decode 40 ms.  120 ms should be a very generous duration.  I shipped 80 ms duration to COs 20 years ago.

Wilton