[asterisk-users] top posting again [was: Re: CDR Design]

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Dec 17 16:03:00 CST 2008

Barry L. Kline wrote:
> Bill Andersen wrote:
>
>> In the "order in which people normally read text" they don't
>> repeat the entire conversation from the beginning each time
>> a question is asked either...  Bottom posting is just as bad!
>>
>> ./bill
>
> Not when you take the time to properly trim your reply it's not.
>
> BK

To me top posting is like people talking about "SIP Trunks".  There is
no such thing as a "SIP Trunk".  There are SIP connections, peers,
friends, etc.  The term is simply a marketing buzzword to make people
that don't know much about VoIP feel all warm and fuzzy about a product.

You're not going to be able to make people stop top posting and I'm not
going to be able to make people stop using wrong or misleading terms
like "SIP Trunk".  If you try all you are going to do is piss people off
and stress yourself out.