[asterisk-users] 1.6 upgrade issues

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Dec 16 12:36:41 CST 2008

On Monday 15 December 2008 22:03:37 Chris Bagnall wrote:
> Greetings list,
>
> Over the last few days I've been gearing up to replace a couple of our
> servers with 1.6 as something of a testbed, but I'm encountering a few
> problems, and wondering if anyone can help...
>
> In extensions.conf, there are a number of contexts defined for each group
> of users, along the lines of: [groupa] [groupb] etc.
>
> In each of those, there's a command include => outbound
>
> [outbound] has entries similar to the following:
> exten => _0[123]XXXXXXXX,1,Macro(outbound,${EXTEN}, provider1, provider2)
>
> the macro "outbound" is defined in extensions.ael as follows:
> macro outbound (number, route1, route2) {
> 	dosomestuff;
> }
>
> This has worked fine in 1.2 and 1.4, but seems to be choking on 1.6. I've
> looked through the various changes.txt files, and have read mention of
> replacing macro calls with Gosub(), but I'm not sure that's relevant to
> this issue.

It is precisely relevant to this issue.  All subroutines, whether they're
called macros or not, in AEL (in 1.6) are Gosub routines.  So to invoke that
subroutine, you need to call out with Gosub, not with Macro.  So it probably
should be along the lines of:  Gosub(outbound,s,1
(${EXTEN},provider1,provider2)).

--
Tilghman