[asterisk-users] 1.6 upgrade issues

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Mon Dec 15 22:03:37 CST 2008

Greetings list,

Over the last few days I've been gearing up to replace a couple of our servers with 1.6 as something of a testbed, but I'm encountering a few problems, and wondering if anyone can help...

In extensions.conf, there are a number of contexts defined for each group of users, along the lines of:
[groupa] [groupb] etc.

In each of those, there's a command include => outbound

[outbound] has entries similar to the following:
exten => _0[123]XXXXXXXX,1,Macro(outbound,${EXTEN}, provider1, provider2)

the macro "outbound" is defined in extensions.ael as follows:
macro outbound (number, route1, route2) {
	dosomestuff;
}

This has worked fine in 1.2 and 1.4, but seems to be choking on 1.6. I've looked through the various changes.txt files, and have read mention of replacing macro calls with Gosub(), but I'm not sure that's relevant to this issue.

It looks like the dialplan parser is amalgamating the commands in macro outbound with the context [outbound], which means of course the pattern match in [outbound] can never execute the macro "outbound".

Any thoughts?

Also seem to be getting some errors writing CDRs to a postgresql database. I'm using the schema for pgsql from voip-info.org, which, again, has worked fine logging 1.2 and 1.4. Have there been any schema changes in 1.6 one needs to be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Chris