[asterisk-users] Country numbering plan resources

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Fri Dec 12 22:06:26 CST 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Michael wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:45:11 Alex Balashov wrote:
>> Michael wrote:
>>> Let's forget about USA/Canada for now as from my/most people's point of
>>> view the routes are all so cheap (and blended) that it does not matter. I
>>> think it is more important to focus on other countries.
>>
>> What is your traffic volume such that you are claiming to speak for most
>> people?
>>
>> For genuinely large traffic volumes, it most emphatically _does_ matter.
>
> Easy - you are based in the USA, so very likely most of your traffic volume
> will be in this general area.

What he means is that if your traffic volumes get very high you won't be
able to purchase blended rates anymore, and then things will get very
complicated in NANPA land.

If you are REALLY interested in getting started, just pull the rate list
from any of a dozen voip terminators and perform the old sort -nu.