[asterisk-users] Country numbering plan resources

Michael michael at networkstuff.co.nz
Fri Dec 12 21:27:13 CST 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:24:56 you wrote:
> One of the problems you'll run into is that in larger countries like the
> US, and/or countries with greater amounts of telecom interconnection,
> competition and deregulation, this information cannot be reduced simply
> to a convenient algorithm.
>
> The North American Numbering Plan (www.nanpa.com) does provide some
> basic standards for valid numbers, but aside from that, there exists no
> special numerological distinction between incumbent and competitive,
> fixed-line and mobile, or VoIP, and extensive number portability throws
> even more complexity into the mix.
>
> I'm not saying it can't be done - just be aware that the undertaking
> you're proposing is very complicated, and the information would come
> from innumerable data sources (a great deal of them commercial and
> expensive) and a bewilderingly overlapping array of standards bodies.

Yes, but calls to the USA and Canada landline/cellular cost the same.

I need as many countries in the list that I can get info on because in many
cases cellular calls and landline calls are priced differently and I need to
make routing distinctions in my dial plan.

Yes you are correct, Australia and New Zealand are an easy plan.