[asterisk-users] Country numbering plan resources

Michael michael at networkstuff.co.nz
Fri Dec 12 21:10:47 CST 2008

Is there any good free / accurate online resources with detailed country
numbering plans? Failing that let's get something running ourselves.

I was also thinking maybe people present could contribute some information on
this list for now. The countries I am after are below.

To start this off I will provide the information for Australia +61 and New
Zealand +64.

NZ Cellular:
area code 21 and 29 followed by 6, 7 or 8 digits - Vodafone GSM
area code 27 followed by 6 or 7 digits - NZ Telecom CDMA
note that there is number portability so the above is a guide.

NZ Landline:
area code 3, 4, 6, 7 and 9 followed by 7 digits (first digit will be in the
range of 2-9)

NZ toll free:
area code 508 and 800 followed by 6 digits

NZ premium:
area code 900 - though I doubt any of you will be routing these calls

AU cellular:
area code 4 followed by a 2 digit network code, and then a 6 digit number
Networks include: Optus, Telstra, 3, Vodafone, Virgin and others. All use GSM
and there is number portability.

AU landline:
area code 2, 3, 7 and 8 followed by 8 digits (first digit will be in the range
of 2-9)

AU toll free:
area code 1300 or 1800 followed by 6 digits OR area code 13 followed by 4
digits.

AU premium:
I'm not sure though someone present may fill us in.

Following is the list of countries I need information on:

; ANDORRA
; ARGENTINA
; AUSTRIA
; BAHAMAS