[asterisk-users] SER, OpenSER, Kamailio, OpenSIPS -- what are you using?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Dec 12 20:45:40 CST 2008

Also, both projects are open source, so they can (and do) take patches
from each other both for bug fixes and for new features.

The smart project will take the good stuff from the other while
simultaneously doing a better job of providing a commercial and
political ecosystem that leads to serious adoption and the creation of
new value.

 From my point of view, some of the most innovative contributors of code
are on the OpenSIPS side (mostly the folks at the disposal of
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu/voice-system.ro), but most of the judicious and
sophisticated project management talent from the OpenSER group stayed
with Kamailio, including Daniel-Constantin Mierla, Elena-Ramona Modroiu,
Henning Westerholt, and Juha Heinanen - some of the other great minds
that are strategically essential.

But arguing about which group is a better group of people to work with
is just going to provoke a needless ad hominem flame war and further
bitterness and strife.