[asterisk-users] Weird problem with parked call expiration

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Thu Dec 11 16:21:14 CST 2008

Hi,

I am having a very weird problem with call parking. I have defined call
parking correctly, as it work well when parking calls and picking them up.
The problem is what happens after the the 45 seconds have expired.

The behavior wanted is that the person who put the call on "park" is called
back after 45 seconds. What ACTUALLY happens is that the phone who got put
on park calls itself back!!!

To make things weirder, this only happens on one phone (as far as I know),
and only 80% of the time (sometimes, it works fine). On other phones, I have
a 100% success rate.  All phones are Polycom phones (650 is the culprit).
The phones all have the same SIP settings and are in the same SIP context.
Same keys are used to transfer, and same phone is used to initiate the call
and get put on park. (the two very latest firmware were tried with the same
result).  The only diff., as far as I can tell, is that the phone who
answers and puts the call on hold is a 650 in one case, and something else
in the other case.

DETAILS:

-------------

Here is what it should say in the CLI when parking the call (I use the
phone's mac address as my SIP peer name).

== Parked SIP/0004f2141234-0b13d668 on 101 at parkedcalls. Will timeout back to
extension [internal-local-only-hamel] s, 1 in 45 seconds

0004f2141234-1 being the sip peer that got the call and transferred it to
the "parking lot".  This way, when the timer expires, that users is called
back.

What ACTUALLY happens is this:

== Parked SIP/0004f215aabb-0b13d668 on 101 at parkedcalls. Will timeout back to
extension [internal-local-only-hamel] s, 1 in 45 seconds

0004f215aabb is the phone that got put on hold.

Any help is needed, I have been looking at my code/sytem for the last 6
hours..

Mike