[asterisk-users] dahdi-monitor in France

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Thu Dec 11 10:01:24 CST 2008

Hi,

I would like to tune rx/tx gains using dahdi-monitor for a system which will
be connected to french PSTN.
I'm not aware of any public phone number in France I could call to get a
"normalized 1004Hz signal".

My questions are :
1. Does such numbers exist ? Is there a directory somewhere listing some of
them ? Do you think regulations could make providing such numbers mandatory
for (some) Telcos ?
2. Does it make to use a number aboard instead if I can't find any local
ones ? I don't think so, but I prefer to check.
3. I can't imagine a process allowing me to create my own (chicken and egg
problem). Is it correct ?

Regards