[asterisk-users] Replace music-on-hold on MeetMe with ringing sound

Plyschen plyschen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 02:43:26 CST 2008

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:00:08 -0400
From: "David Backeberg" <dbackeberg at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Replace music-on-hold on MeetMe with
       ringing sound
To: "Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion"
       <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

MeetMe() provides very useful tones when a caller is added to a MeetMe
room. That is, if you're using the musiconhold option, the agent would
hear music, immediately followed by two tones, and then they would be
bridged to the client.

Perhaps you're running MeetMe() with those join tones disabled? Check
out the docs for MeetMe. I think it's option capital i, as in Iberia.

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Cosmin Prund
<cosmin.prund at adicomsoft.ro> wrote:
> Hello. It's been a while since I last posted (probably because my "*"
works
> just fine). I'm working on something to replace call queues in my own
> application-specific way and I'm using MeetMe rooms to bridge agents and
> clients and do other things.
>
> When an agent needs to be bridged with a client I'll first put the agent
in
> the MeetMe room and when I have confirmation that the agent is in the
MeetMe
> room I'll send the client to the same room. My agent gets to hear music on
> hold while it's the only one in the conference room (it takes 1 or 2
seconds
> for the client to be put in the same room). Is it possible to make the
agent
> here ringing (or replace the music on hold with a recording of ringing)?
>
> At the moment I'm telling agents "when the music stops playing you're
> talking to the client" but that just doesn't sound right and it's a bit
> fiddely because music on hold is music and music has pauses. One can
> imediatelly tell the ringing is done but they might need a few extra
seconds
> to realise the music has stoped. On the other hand the client has no such
> problem since he/she hears ringing just before they get bridged to the
> MeetMe room.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks!
>
> --
> Cosmin Prund

I have the same problem and wish as the original poster, but couldn't find
any information about this. The M option for meetme (play musiconhold)
doesn't seem to have any switches to change MOH class. I've also checked
voip-info.org variable list to see if there was any variable I could set
before entering the meetme, but nothing there either from what I could find
:(

Does anyone have a solution to this, other than to replace the sound files
in the default MOH directory?

Thanks,
Best regards,
Tobias