[asterisk-users] CDR Design

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Mon Dec 8 15:21:55 CST 2008

Steve Murphy wrote:

> > Well, read my draft RFC, and see if I'm on the right track.
> > Tune into CDR Design in the subject line in this email
> > list, and let's toss this around and see if consensus is
> > possible.
> >
> > murf

First my apologies for this repost, my system date got messed up and this post looked like it was sent on Nov 5th :).

One of the problems I generally have with cdr's in my multi-tenant
hosted VOIP world, is that the src is inexorably tied to the callerid
field, this makes it a pain when you have a billing system based on TDM
billing systems that have  not only a src field but an originating src
field. This is what allows you to know what number placed the call but
still allow things like no callerid. In a perfect world the fields would
be src_cid src exten. When calls do not originate from within your
dialplan (external to internal calls) most of these fields would be null
or repetitive. I know many of you would say you know the originator of
the call by the channel, but in a multitenant situation you can't have
two sip devices named [100] so you use special ID's and have to do
post-processing to determine that information.

--
Thank you and have any kind of day you want,

Anthony Francis
Rockynet VOIP
(303) 444-7052 opt 2
voip at rockynet.com