[asterisk-users] CDR Design

Vlasis Hatzistavrou (KTI) vhatz at kinetix.gr
Fri Dec 5 10:05:42 CST 2008

Andrew Thomas wrote:
> Quote : "I couldn't disagree more. The CDRs is the MOST reliable
> source for billing purposes"
>
> ...at the moment.  Have you read about Greyman's transfer problem?
>
> If you are billing customers purely on the CDR output from Asterisk -
> then good luck to you :).

This is exactly our point in this discussion. :):)

We can't bill relying on Asterisk's CDRs at this moment, this is why we
use a third party SBC to do real time billing & stats, as well as
collect CDRs from the SBC off-line for cross-checking with the live
data. And this is why we support the opinion that Asterisk's CDRs should
be expanded.

Best regards,
Vlasis Hatzistavrou.