[asterisk-users] Question on queue terms

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Dec 7 11:54:30 CST 2008

Mike wrote:

> Thanks.  I know agentcallbacklogin is deprecated, but I am not even
> sure if I need anything special, I can`t find a clear answer.  All the
> queues example I find are ones where the agent have to login.  I
> simply need to have a queue that rings 5 SIP phones according to the
> ring strategy defined in queue.conf.
>

> Where exactly do I configure those SIP phones to be part of the
> queue?  Is something as simple as agent => 1001,SIP/reg_1001 what I
> need? (or

I have 4 phones in an operator queue, it's setup so, if the operator is
busy enough that she can't grab the call (On inbound), it drops the
caller into the queue and start ringing the backup operators.

It puts an * in front of the number, to let the backup(s) know it's an
operator call and they can answer accordingly.

If nobody answers, then the callee is shown to the directory:

cat queues.conf

member => SIP/4100
member => SIP/4138
member => SIP/4140
member => SIP/4159

Then I have an extension that does the following:

;*********************************
;* Place caller into the front-desk
;* queue and play hold music
;* for 120 seconds.  If nobody picks
;* up call within that time, send
;* caller to the Directory

exten => s,7,Set(CALLERID(num)=*${CALLERID(num)})
exten => s,8,Queue(front-desk|t|||120)
exten => s,9,Playback(local/transfer-dial)
exten => s,10,Goto(directory,s,1)
exten => s,11,Hangup()

Doug

--