[asterisk-users] ISDN PRI settings for Telus BC network

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Sat Dec 6 17:49:29 CST 2008

Gondar Monn wrote:
> Hi there!
> Does anyone deal with Telus in BC ? We have some PRI lines that were
> used for dialup, would like to convert them for pbx system, talked
> with some technicians @ Telus, but the information given was not
> clear, kind of: "try this see if it works...." Does anyone here have
> the settings required to talk to there equipment ?

A few years ago I had a PRI from TELUS.  The winning zaptel.conf line:

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24

And in zapata.conf it was

switchtype=national
pridialplan=unknown
prilocaldialplan=national
signalling=pri_cpe

These are both from the asterisk 1.2 days so a lot may have changed
between now and then...

Hope this helps,
Trevor