[asterisk-users] questions regarding DAHDI

Jon Weisman jweisman at ibell.net
Sat Dec 6 13:45:22 CST 2008

Just moved over to DAHDI today and have a few questions.

My environment is:

Asterisk 1.4.22
Using a TE410P
4 PRI's

1. Now when calls come in on those PRI's I get this message in the console:

[Dec  6 19:42:18] WARNING[31557]: chan_dahdi.c:1481 dahdi_enable_ec: Unable to enable echo cancellation on channel 41 (No such device)

How can I resolve this?

2. Do I need to be running echo cancellation on TDM circuits? (PRI's?)

3. I compiled DAHDI tools and I seem to have all the scripts, however I do not have or can not seem to find dahdi_tools. How can I get this? I believe this is the zttools replacement.

4. Is there a way for me to verify that I am receiving clock source on these PRI's from the telco? I need to verify this because it seems that if I use my internal clock source my HDLC errors seem to go away. (Still testing)

Thanks in advance,
Jon