[asterisk-users] Call Recording - Asterisk

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 13:16:18 CST 2008

Hello folks,

I wanted to setup Oreka to monitor calls on a trixbox box I have setup.
Oreka doesn't seem to be catching all of the calls though.... I have port
mirroring setup on the port that trixbox is connected to, mirrored to the
port Oreka is connected to.

I have read that Asterisk doesn't work as a SIP Proxy, so I wondered if this
meant that some phones, after checking in with Asterisk would simply
communicate via RTP between each other, without going media transport going
through trixbox itself? If this is the case then I guess I'd need to mirror
the full VoIP VLAN to the Oreka port wouldn't I? Or is there another reason
that I'm missing here?

Just trying to get this sussed out in my head!

Thanks for your time.

Chris