[asterisk-users] top posting again [was: Re: CDR Design]

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Dec 5 11:44:58 CST 2008

On Friday 05 December 2008 11:11:33 Wilton Helm wrote:
> I guess there is a variety of opinions on this, some of which relates to
> the tools a person is using.  The absolutely most offensive thing to me in
> a post is to have to scroll through a bunch of copied original material
> that I've already read six times to get to the new part.  My own preference
> is not to quote anything other than a short phrase snippet that is directly
> being replied to or failing that, at least put the original after the new
> material for those who might want it.
>
> I realize that not everyone sees it that way, but maybe it throws a
> different perspective in the mix.

If you are asking a question in a public forum, will you jump up and down
and shout your question?  Or will you ask your question in accordance with
the rules that were set out in advance and is most likely to get you the
answer you require?  While email is far more anonymous than a town meeting,
your adherence to established standards is no less required.

--
Tilghman