[asterisk-users] async agi question

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 06:59:31 CST 2008

Hello Henrik,

I have not used Asterisk from a user perspective lately, but, when I
added the async agi functionality, I used to control this using a
"manager redirect" action to the same priority where the channel calls
async agi, that will work like a break that re-enters the async agi
loop . This, of course, requires you to save the state of the channel
somehow in your program to "remember" that the next time that channel
calls async agi the sound was already played and such.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+Manager+API+Action+Redirect

Let me know if that does not work for you and we can probably write
something in res_agi.c

Moy

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 3:01 AM, Henrik Westerberg
<henrik.westerberg at ain.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am developing asterisk support for our application using the Async AGI
> and Asterisk-Java.
> One thing I haven't been able to implement is how to stop playing a
> sound. Something similar to StopIO for Dialogic GlobalCall or
> DivaStopSending for Eicon.
> Is there any way to achieve this today which I have missed? Or could
> someone give me hints on how I could implement this in the res_agi.c The
> command "asyncagi break" does stop ongoing playing but also breaks the
> async agi control. I only want the first.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> /Henrik

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the
death your right to say it." Voltaire