[asterisk-users] We think we are cpe but they think they are cpe too

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Dec 4 12:36:15 CST 2008

On 12/4/08, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Steve Totaro wrote:
>
> > I would try setting zaptel to pri_net before calling the telco.
> >
> > If it works, you just saved yourself (possibly) hours of being bounced
> > around from person to person and sitting on hold, not to mention being
> > on hold or transfered and getting dropped and having to start all over
> > again.
> >
> > Path of least resitance....
>
> Unfortunately, some helpful telco tech may notice the misconfiguration and
> fix it at the worst possible time :(
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Steve Edwards      sedwards at sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST
> Newline                                             Fax: +1-760-731-3000

Point taken, but while true, unless you are the only customer on that
switch, that tech may take down quite a few customers in the process,
requiring the customer to reconfigure their CPE systems....

I seriously doubt they will touch a misconfiguration of such magnitude
on a production switch.

That is why I included the fact that in my situation, it had been two
plus years with no trouble.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro