[asterisk-users] Paging, Polycom and whispers

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Dec 2 10:59:29 CST 2008

You can send an IM to the phone with a text message.  Assuming that the
phone has more than 1 line and at least one is open, the call should go
through without effecting the existing call.  To do this from the dialplan,
you could set up something like this:

Exten => 411,1,Dial(SIP/100,1)
Exten => Sendtext(You have a call on park 701)
Exten -> hangup(}

This also assumes that the polycom has presence enabled.